Monday, December 30, 2013

Drought



Every New Year I always want to try a cleanse to detox my body of all the nastiness I force my body to eat and drink. Each year I fail at that cleanse. Last year, I got the worst Migraine after going an entire day and ended up taking pain meds and gorging on pizza. This year I'm still trying to find the "cleanse" of choice, but had been recommended by a friend to try Drought which serves up a variety of raw cold-pressed organic juices. 

Drought is found and distributed locally in Metro Detroit and has a storefront in Plymouth. After checking out their website and getting Andy on board we decided to try a few flavors before committing to their version of a cleanse which they call The Wash.  I've never tried a raw juice before and the menu is a little intimating based on the ingredients but why not?

Andy grabbed Apple, Pear and Ginger while I choose Green #1 which is Chard, Cabbage, Celery, Apple, Kale and Lemon.

We've tried them both and for people who don't typically try "juices" they were not that bad. I don't think I'd order Green #1 again but that's because it's got an extremely strong "grass" like taste. I guess you could say it's probably a little too advanced for my current "juicing" taste buds.

The Apple, Pear and Ginger wasn't bad, it leaves a tart after taste but given the right mind set something I'd encourage everyone to try.

Have you tried juicing before? If so what were your thoughts?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...