Monday, February 25, 2013

Low Fat Shamrock Shake Recipe



 Nothing marks the countdown to St. Patrick's Day then a Shamrock Shake from McDonald's. If you've never experienced the shake it is amazing, and something me and my sorority sisters would look forward to after class. Oh the days when calories didn't matter. Now that I am a little more conscious of my intake of something sweet - I decided to create my own that wouldn't take out my entire calorie intake for one day.

Let me know what you think!

Shamrock Shake Recipe (Serves 2) :
2 Cups Fat Free Vanilla Ice Cream
1/4 Cup Skim Milk
1/2 Table Spoon Peppermint Extract
3 Table Spoons Vanilla Extract
3 Drops Green Food Coloring
Heaping of Fat Free Whip Cream

Total: 215 Calories/Serving vs. McDonald's Small Shake 540 Calories


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Perfect light idea for a spring snack!
    Follow me!
    I waiting for you for a special Post!

    Federica
    http://smartchicdietreadbooksandfly.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds amazing! These are the times in the year that I love being Irish!

    Marissa @ Just Being Marissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...