Monday, January 21, 2013

6 Week Challenge



This past week I got signed up through work to run a 5k in March in Orlando. To me a 5k isn't much, but i'll be honest my commitment to working out has been lacking. So today was my first day in what I hope is my next 6 weeks of trying to get in enough shape to run the 5k without embarrassing myself horribly.  I'm actually excited as I've been wanting to really focus on my workout routine - or lack their of and think it's about time I use my gym membership. 

I'm using this work out as a guide. I already know I can run the 3.1 miles but I'd like to do it within a descent time. 

Today I actually walk/ran for 35 minutes and ended at a total of 2.5 miles. I walked more then I ran (clearly) but it's day 1 after-all. Tomorrow I am suppose to walk 30 minutes but I'm going to aim to run/walk in intervals and hit the 3.1 miles. Since my run is on March 5th I'm going to take out the first week of this and just do the last 6 weeks which means I just run farther this Saturday. 

Wish me luck! 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...