Monday, March 18, 2013

Thin Mint Cupcakes



I was so excited a few weeks ago when my bosses' daughters came in looking to sell Girl Scout cookies. Something about those amazing little cookies can brighten anyone's mood. I only purchased two boxes (which I quickly realized wasn't enough), but lucked out when a colleague of mine mentioned he wasn't planning to eat them because he's on a diet.  I ended up with 6 boxes total. I had to hide them from Andy only giving him a few cookies at a time (as he'd eat a box in a sitting.)  

I decided to make some Thin Mint Cupcakes - which ended up being extremely delicious and a huge hit at our household.

To save on time I used pre-made cake mix and frosting that I already had but any personal favorite recipes you might have for either would work just as well. 

Ingredients:  
1 Box Devils Food Cake Mix (Betty Crocker Brand) 
1 Cup Water
1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
3 Eggs
1 Can of Whipped Chocolate Frosting (Betty Crocker Brand)
1 Sleeve of Thin Mints (12 for cupcake bottoms,  save 4 for cookie crumbs) 
1 Teaspoon Peppermint Extract



First line your cupcake pan with cupcake cups and then place one Thin Mint at the bottom of each cupcake.  Then mix together the cake mix, eggs, water, and oil in a large bowl. After all the ingredients are mixed, fill each cupcake liner to the top and placed in the oven at 350 degrees for 17 minutes or so or until a toothpick comes out clean. 


Next let the cupcakes cool for 20 minutes or so. I personally toss them into the fridge or freezer to speed up the process. 


Then mix the can of whipped frosting with the peppermint oil. I choose to go a little light on the peppermint oil so if you love mint I suggest adding to taste.  


At first I was going to garnish each cupcake with a 1/4 of a cookie but when they didn't turn out so well I started turning them into crumbs. 


Once cool begin icing cupcakes with chocolate whipped frosting garnishing with cookie crumbs. Enjoy! 


*Note I only wanted to make 12 cupcakes - so they were larger then normal, but if you would like to make more only fill each cup halfway -  you should be able to get 20-24. 


Photobucket

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...